Kevlar® XP™ Soft Flexible Bullet Resistant Armor Insert: Panel size is 10” x 12” and has a SAPI angled cut to fit most plate carrier designs. Rated NIJ IIIA with added layers for additional Back-Face Deformation Protection. Fits most any Plate Carrier that accommodates 10” x 12” Plates.
Our 29 layer Kevlar® XP™ Panel weighs only 1 pound and is 1/2" thick. It helps reduce potentially serious ballistic and trauma injuries using a proprietary Uni-Directional cross ply technology. Our Soft Armor Panels are made with 100% DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™ A Durable Black Marine Grade Fabric with Water Repellant Coating keeps the Kevlar Insert protected from UV light and moisture exposure
This Kevlar Panel reduces the back face deformation of projectile impacts by 15% when compared to other ballistic models. And weighs at least 10% less than those made with other commercially available technologies, while still being made of 100% Kevlar® material
With other Kevlar Panels, when a bullet strikes a standard bullet-resistant vest, the resulting backface deformation could cause serious ballistic or trauma injuries. Kevlar® XP™ decreases the impact, reducing backface deformations by approximately 15% or more.* It’s also able to maintain its performance in extreme field conditions, including heat, humidity and mechanical wear. Tests show that Kevlar® XP™ typically stops bullets within the first three layers and the remaining layers of Kevlar® XP™ absorb the energy of the bullet, resulting in less trauma to the vest wearer.
• Durable Black Marine Grade Fabric with Water Repellant Coating
• 29 layers 100% Kevlar® XP™ Soft Armor
• Light weight at 1 pound and only 1/2" thick
• Extra Layers for Back Face Deformation Protection
• Reduces back-face deformation by approximately 15% or more
• Back Face Deformation less than 38mm
• Meets NIJ IIIA and other applicable global standards
• 10% lighter than other brands
• Custom sizes available. Minimum quantiles will apply on custom sizes.
• NIJ IIIA Ballistic Test Reports and Test Pictures Available For Download at Checkout.
© 2018 DuPont. All rights reserved. DuPont™, Kevlar® and Kevlar® XP™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.